New and Renewal Patients
Registering for your DC medical marijuana card is a relatively straight-forward process. You will need:
- A current, government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport);
NOTE: A driver’s license issued from another state is acceptable. However, if you have a DC driver’s license the address on your license must match the address on your application–if it does not, you will need to use an alternative photo ID (such as your passport).
- Two forms of proof of DC residency. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Copy of current DC driver’s license or DC government issued ID;
- Voter’s registration card;
- Full copy of lease;
- Deed to property;
- Utility bill (Pepco or Washington Gas); and
- Copy of recent paystub showing DC withholding tax.
NOTE: The addresses on your residency documentation must match the address on your application.
- A physician recommendation. Start with your own physician. If your physician is unable to provide a recommendation, you have several options.
- Schedule an appointment with a local practitioner:
- Stop by the dispensary to get information on alternative practitioners.
NOTE: Patients that qualify for compassionate needs assistance should stop by the dispensary for alternative practitioner options.
- Two passport sized photos or a “selfie.” Photos must cover vertically from the base of your neck to over the top of your head and horizontally from ear to ear.
- A completed application form; and
- A money order for the registration fee.
Applications may be submitted electronically, mailed, or hand-delivered to the Department of Health. Some forms are available in English and Spanish. Links to the forms are provided below:
- Adult Application, English
- Adult Electronic Application, English
- Adult Application, Spanish
- Minor Application, English
- Caregiver Application, English
NOTE: We recommend that you drop your application and documentation off at the dispensary and allow us to submit the documentation and fees to the Department of Health.
EFFECTIVE APRIL 13, 2018, REGISTERED PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS MAY ENTER ANY LICENSED D.C. DISPENSARY
Payment of Fees
AS PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS ARE NO LONGER RESTRICTED TO A SINGLE DISPENSARY, payment of the Department of Health registration fee MUST BE PAID BY THE PATIENT/CAREGIVER. iN RETURN, YOU WILL RECEIVE A DISPENSARY CREDIT IN THE AMOUNT OF YOUR APPLICATION FEE PLUS $25.