We often talk about how to find a local cannabis dispensary near you or in Washington DC, what to look for in a quality marijuana dispensary, how to get your medical marijuana card to be able to enter a dispensary, and the list goes on, but we’ve never talked about what a dispensary actually is, so today we’re going to rectify that.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a dispensary is “a place where medicine or medical or dental treatment is dispensed.” This is a very simplistic explanation of a dispensary, but it’s a good one that’s quite accurate. A marijuana dispensary is a place you can go to get recreational and/or medical marijuana depending on the state you’re in. Here in Washington DC, only medical marijuana has been legalized. Just as every doctor’s office is different, every dispensary is different based on where it’s located, the marijuana they offer, their service, and the accessories they sell. The nice thing is, just like choosing a family doctor, you get to choose what marijuana dispensary you go to. But how do you know what a good dispensary is, especially if you’ve never been to one before? We’re going to take a closer look at what a good marijuana dispensary is so that you can decide on one that’s right for you.
A Good Marijuana Dispensary Is….
- A place you can trust – A good dispensary is a place you can go and trust that the staff has your best interest in mind and can help you find the marijuana you’re looking for or offer advice on something new to try. They should be able to answer your questions while being discreet when necessary so you know you can trust them for advice and help every time you visit.
- A place you can get the marijuana products you need – This may seem like an obvious point, but a good dispensary works hard to keep items in stock for their customers. They should have different options for you to choose from that you know you can count on each time you’re there. Things happen that the dispensary can’t control, so there may be times an item is out of stock, but that should be the exception, not the norm.
- A place that offers a variety of accessories – Along with keeping marijuana in stock, a good dispensary should have accessories available for you to purchase. This will allow you options for using marijuana based on your preferences and convenience or just to try something new to see if you prefer smoking versus tinctures versus edibles. There are so many different ways to use marijuana, and accessories are a vital part of that experience.
- A place that’s friendly and kind – While of course you want the staff at a marijuana dispensary to be helpful, they should also be friendly. Most people visit a marijuana dispensary on a regular basis, so it’s nice to know you’ll see friendly faces each time you’re there. A good dispensary ensures their staff are friendly and kind as well as helpful and knowledgeable about the products and accessories.
- A place that’s in the neighborhood – You never know when you’ll need more marijuana or have an unexpected flare up or reaction of some kind, so a good dispensary is one you can easily get to. Whether it be near your home or work or somewhere you go on a regular basis, it’s important to choose a marijuana dispensary that’s close and “in the neighborhood” that you’re usually in.
- A place with good customer reviews – Reviews aren’t everything, but they can tell you a lot about a place. If you’re looking for a good marijuana dispensary near you and find somewhere that has a lot of great reviews, that’s a really good sign. On the same note, if you have a marijuana dispensary that checks all the boxes above, be sure to give them a good review so others who are doing their own research know what a great place it is. Good reviews are important for small businesses, so when you find a good one, it’s worth sharing about it.
As you can see, a good marijuana dispensary is a place you can go to get the necessary marijuana and accessories needed to help with chronic pain, ailments, joint pain, skin irritations, and so much more. A dispensary should be a place you feel safe and comfortable asking questions about the best options for your needs, new items to help your pain relief, different ways to use medical marijuana, and more. You should also be able to get there easily in case you need to get more cannabis at a moment’s notice. Once you find a good marijuana dispensary near you, be sure to help others out by leaving a review. This not only helps those reading it, but good reviews also help your dispensary be found by new customers which helps them stay in business. This means they can continue providing the quality service and products you use on a regular basis. It’s a win-win for everyone.