Marijuana has been around for centuries. Many of the ancient cultures grew marijuana not for recreational uses, but purely as herbal medicine. The hemp fiber from the marijuana plant was even used to make clothing, paper, sails, and rope. The colonists would use the hemp seeds as food and the plant for ropes, sails, and clothing because the plant grows so quickly. In America, marijuana began being used for mainly recreational purposes before many realized all of the incredible benefits of this unique plant. Historians believe that the rise of recreational marijuana was a result of living in the Great Depression. In 1937, the first Marijuana Tax Act was passed making all uses of marijuana illegal. Since this time of illegalization, it has been a long battle for the medical community to make marijuana legal for medicinal purposes. The first state to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes was California in 1996 with the Compassionate Use Act. We went from using all the parts of a marijuana plant to making it illegal and back again through understanding that the marijuana plant has so many potential medicinal uses.
Medical marijuana has many potential healing benefits
Medicinal Marijuana has been around for ages, and now is the best time to better understand the potential benefits of marijuana. With expert scientists researching and trying to find the perfect strains to blend and create the best outcome for alternative medicine, you should consult your physician if you feel medical marijuana could provide potential healing qualities to you.
Here are a few of the potential benefits you may feel from taking medical marijuana
- Chronic Pain: No one should have to feel pain all the time. Medical marijuana can provide relief to from that pain. There are quite a few strains that are specifically used to help with pain relief, but we will only list a few here:
- Dread Bread – This is known for its super pungent flavor and its long-lasting effects. It will hit you hard with a rich, spicy mango flavor and an earthy aroma to match. This is perfect not only for helping relieve chronic pain but also with cramps and muscle spasms.
- Lemon Wedding Cake – This is a mix of Lemon Skunk and Wedding Cake. This is high in CBD and is a sativa dominant hybrid strain. Not only will this help ease your chronic pain but also help with anxiety.
- Sunflower Blue – This is the high CBD strain of the Sunflower Collection. This strain is known to help with inflammation which means less pain and irritability.
- Forum Cut Cookies – This is the perfect hybrid with dense purple buds and is covered in trichomes. It can give you a relaxed feeling with less pain. This will not only reduce inflammation, but pain in your muscle and joints as well.
- Anxiety/Depression: Many people every day suffer from anxiety and depression, especially in the day and age we live. Depression and anxiety hinder the day-to-day functions of life. Finding the right marijuana strain can help you combat the anxiety and depression. Here are a few of the strains we recommend for anxiety and/or depression:
- Pincher’s Creek– This is a sweet strain with great, long-lasting effects. This is reminiscent of original Skunk and helps with mood elevation and gives bursts of energy throughout the day to help battle anxiety and depression.
- Humble Pain – This is a cross of Cherry Pie and Grandpa’s Breath that creates a beautiful look for the plant with magenta and light green flowers. This will help with fighting depression and give you an almost euphoric and uplifting feeling. Humble pain is recommended for evening and nighttime use.
- Ace of Spades – This is a creation from TGA Subcool Seeds that mixes a sweet and sour combination. This has the mix of Black Cherry Soda and Jack the Ripper, giving it a berry citrus smell and a lemony flavor. Not only is the strain a pretty plant, but it can help you feel pretty good too.
- Loss Of Appetite: Food is a necessary part of everyone’s day and is necessary for basic survival. So when you have a loss of appetite, that puts your health in danger. It is very hard to force yourself to eat, but thankfully, medical marijuana can help.
- Green Love Potion – This strain blends the most refined genetics of the world: Indica Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant, and Afghan qualities all mixed in the best sativa of Hawaii, Korea, and USA. This is known for its unique taste and will help you get your appetite back.
- Classic Trainwreck – This hybrid’s effects are known to hit like a freight train and give you the medical benefits quickly. This strain is specifically for a faster solution to getting your appetite back to normal.
- Do-Si-Dos – This strain gets its name from its parent strain of Girl Scout Cookies. This will leave you with a feeling of great relaxation, but also a need to feast, helping you get your appetite back.
Here at Herbal Alternatives, we can help you find the perfect strains of medical marijuana to help get some relief from pain you might be feeling. We are dedicated to providing you the best products and service in the DC region with suggestions for the best medical marijuana for your specific needs. Contact us today if you have any further questions about medicinal marijuana and the healing benefits it may provide.